Wednesday, April 15, 2009

I think "tolerance" and "honesty" are one-sided concepts.

"I want you to be tolerant of me, but I don't want to be tolerant of you."

"You must be competlely honest, but don't ask me to be."

Why is that? I don't know. Well, I guess I do know, but it seems pretty screwed up. It's frustrating.

Why won't Walmart let me pay the cashier with my wife's credit card? "Sir, for the fifth time, it's our policy...we don't know if she really is your wife or a woman who just happens to have the same last name." Honest...this happened to me two nights ago. that's what the lady said to me...with a straight face...staring into my eyes with conviction...Wal-mart conviction...

Two problems with that particular policy: 1.) If I just happened to steal a credit card from a woman who just happens to share a last name as common as "Roulette", would I rush to Walmart immediately and buy paper napkins? and 2.) How would this policy be enforced if I just happened to go through the self-service checkout line? Would I not be using some woman's credit card who has the same last mane as me???

Why is the world not as consistant as I want it to be? It's all about me, right? Why is the world not perfect? What's that? You want me to be perfect too? Sorry...no-can-do. I just want the world to be just like I want it.

I have a long way to go...

No comments: